Friday, September 01, 2006

best creative streak ever...

There are times when you become painfully reminded of the private exquisite beauty of your children. When the some little detail about your kids makes your heart swells so that you feel that it will literally pop out through your eyelids, but you know that no one else can ever see them the way that you do.

It is one of those feelings that people try to tell you about when you are pregnant, but is really beyond words. Those who have kids understand what I mean...

I had one of those eyelid busting moments tonight at the tiny indoor pool at the Hampton Inn by the side of the turnpike. While chatting with my in-laws (who were staying at the Inn) - the kids swam. As I watched them, the talk about cattle prices, real estate, new cars faded - and I saw my kids long lean white bodies sliding through the water. They were (of course) completely unaware of us - but so goofy, so loud and in their own world. I know that as a mom of a 13 year old and a 9 year old, I am to the point when very very soon they will eat the apple and become self-conscious. But for at least tonight - they were still safe in the garden and I know that I am blessed.

No comments: