Sunday, October 08, 2006

DAM its good...


One of the many untold advantages of being a knitter is that I no longer mind waiting in lines for long periods of time. Yesterday at 7:00 in the morning, I was eagerly one of the first people in line for free tickets to the grand opening of the new wing of the Denver Art Museum. As we waited for the doors to open I looked at the sun gleaming off the titanium prow jutting into the bright October sky and got a little teary. When we make things and see things that others have made its makes us better people. As a society we need support, cheer, dance and sing all creative efforts. The building made me giddy, but also the crowds of people that came out to celebrate it.

Go see the museum... see what Liebeskind made, see what the artists inside made, and keep on making things yourself...creativity is crucial.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

I'm so glad that you went- I can't wait to see it up close and personal.